“I have been lucky enough to work with the trustees and volunteers at Careif for several years and I am delighted and honoured to be joining the trustees of such an important charity. Careif is undertaking ground breaking work within mental health.”
Rachel Tribe, University of East London Applied Psychology Professor
The Centre for Applied Research and Evaluation International Foundation (Careif) is an international mental health charity that works towards protecting and promoting mental health and resilience, to eliminate inequalities and strengthen social justice.
Our main aim is to share knowledge internationally about mental health in order to improve people’s wellbeing. This know how is about how to live healthily, ensure that working practices and services have maximum impact, and are suited to different cultures across the world.
We work to preserve and protect good mental health, in particular but not exclusively by:
- Increasing awareness of mental health in its local, national and global context amongst professionals, service providers and the public
- Conducting study and research for the public benefit and publishing and disseminating the useful results
To enhance the wellbeing of individuals and communities through sharing knowledge and understanding of their cultures and traditions.
To advance and share knowledge of good mental health practice respecting and engaging with local and international cultures and traditions.
We work to a core set of values. These are to:
- respect the traditions and values of individual societies and cultures around the world
- encourage people’s natural creativity and to share with and inspire others
- bring together individuals, communities, non government organisations and government bodies to achieve change
- develop evidence of what works through formal research, evaluation and practice based knowledge
- promote positive changes to services (or how services are provided) and good quality care
We deliver our work through:
- high quality learning and teaching locally, nationally and internationally
- research, evaluation and practice development into culture, health and wellbeing
- providing international volunteering, exchange and twinning schemes
- promoting and developing positive practice on sports, young people and wellbeing of individuals and communities
You can download our Careif Brochure explaining what we do and ways in which you can get involved.
To contact us, email email@example.com.
You can write to us at:
The Centre for Applied Research and Evaluation International Foundation (careif)
Centre for Psychiatry
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
Queen Mary University of London
Old Anatomy Building
London EC1M 6BQ